Friday, October 12, 2018

i'm back, babs 2.




Like seven months ago I wrote a short post on here called "i'm back, babs." It was supposed to be about (without specifically acknowledging it) how I'd basically abandoned this thing for a pretty long time, despite a deluge of shit happening in my life and in the world to write about. It was also supposed to be a promise to myself that I would come back at this with a renewed energy, if for no other reason than to just stick to a thing that makes me feel kinda productive or like I am doing something more with my art/work other than just letting it sit around in my room and be seen by no one (or like a few hundred people on Instagram or whatever)... but obviously it didn't happen. I wrote like two or three posts after that, but I had basically peaced out. Kinda lame. Especially since this is the place I had imagined I'd keep my shit raw and unrefined. Just whatever BS is on my mind. Go crazy. Post and forget, y'know?
...
...
... I'm thinking...
...
... Fuck it! let's keep it up!

WELCOME TO I'M BACK BABS 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HERE IS WHAT HAS BEEN SIGNIFICANT THIS WONKY YEAR 2018:

- I started working in publishing as my main gig. It is almost dope, but not quite. I could write a whole fucking massive post about the crazy experience I've had doing it, and I think I probably will eventually. I just need to get a little further into one of the projects I'm on and then that will happen...
- There was a low-key relationship that fell apart in a weird way and got me high-key depressed for a while. It's chill now. No hard feelings, but a bummer that we (she and I) are not homies anymore. Maybe that will change someday though. Who knows? Life is crazy. I could probably write a whole thing about that too. Wow. A "relationship" post. What if??
- I had an art show in Seattle, made some easy dough and got to chill with Chris and Tracy and Stefan and Sarah and Taylor and Noah. It was way fun.
- In separate incidents two of my friends died by their own hands. These events occurred two days apart but I heard about them both on the same day. Neither of these people knew each other and they lived in different states, but I have lived a lot of places and knew them both as well as their respective friend circles. It was weird and difficult dealing with two parties in mourning at the same time. Obviously I also miss my friends.
- I also went to Mexico and Cuba, which were both pretty sick (esp. Cuba, Goddamn).
- Ummmm fuck. I am now realizing that all of these points should just be individual posts.
- Yeah that is definitely a better idea. Key to pics at the bottom here. More soon and I mean it for real this time! At least maybe I do!























PIC KEY:

1 - Drawing I never finished for someone. It was gonna be the L.A. skyline from the top of the Double Tree downtown, where there are sometimes butterflies.
2 - Birthday selfie in Pasadena. I turned 35.
3 - A crazy streetlight in Havana.
4 - Kids juggling for money in standstill traffic in Mexico
5 - The only branding I saw in Havana was for Samsung. It was on these monitors that they have in the touristy spots that display info on why it's a touristy spot. The one I took a pic of was either broken or just off.
6 - Descendants of natives in Los Angeles on the 4th of July.
7 - Idk, some drawing.
8 - Seattle.

9 - Rose bushes at the Shell station on Wilshire Blvd. in L.A. They were infested with rats so they tore them out.
10 - Los Angeles as it will always be in my head.
11 - Remember in Dawn of the Dead when they're escaping the city in the helicopter and the female lead (I forget her name) asks Ken Forhee if he left anyone behind, and he's like "Some brothers." So she asks "Regular brothers or street brothers?" and cold as ice he just goes "Both." ?? Remember that scene?
12 - Los Angeles as it will also always be in my head.
13 - A Lime scooter tossed into Lake Merritt in Oakland, which coincidentally I just saw a news story on (people trashing those scooters).

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment